Last Day of Saskatchewan 2011 Big Game Draw

Have You Submitted? The Saskatchewan Resident Big Game Draw Application Closes Tonight!

To apply for the Saskatchewan Resident Big Game Draw applicants must be a resident of Saskatchewan, permanent members of the RCMP who are stationed and living in the province, or permanent members of Canadian Armed Forces who were a Saskatchewan resident at the time of recruitment or deployment outside the province. Applicants must have a valid Saskatchewan Health Services Card, RCMP or CAF regimental number and a valid VISA or MasterCard to apply. A resident of Saskatchewan is a person who has been a resident of Canada for a period of one year and a resident of Saskatchewan for a period of three months immediately preceding the date of application.

The Big Game Draw is a transparent and equitable method of allocating a limited number of hunting licences to Saskatchewan residents. The draw includes licences for elk, moose, either-sex mule deer and antlerless mule deer. There are no Big Game Draw licences available for pronghorn in 2011.

Please read the 2011 Saskatchewan Resident Big Game Draw Overview for more information.

Canadian Resident White-tailed Deer Draw

Canadian Residents wishing to purchase a white-tailed deer licence must apply through an online application and will be required to choose a wildlife management zone in which to hunt.

A Canadian resident is defined as a person whose principle residence is in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or has resided in Canada for 12 months immediately before his/her application for a licence. Saskatchewan residents cannot apply for the Canadian resident white-tailed deer draw.

Please read the 2011 Canadian Resident White-tailed Deer Draw Overview for more information.

All applications must be made through the Big Game Draw Online Application System. To access the application, click here.

Please be advised the Big Game Draw is now operational and will remain open until midnight of June 1. Our advice to hunters who are unsure of the status of recent applications is to review their current applications at this link

If you have further questions please call 798-4000.

Successful applicants should receive their hunting licences by August 1, 2011. Issues with licence fee payments may cause your licence to be held until payment is received. Please ensure you notify the ministry if there are changes to payment information such as: an expired card; changing banking institutions; or canceling the credit card used for your Big Game Draw application. Changes to licence payment information or payment for an unpaid licence may be made by contacting (306) 798-5000.

Questions regarding the Big Game Draw may be directed to or by calling the Fish and Wildlife Branch at (306) 798-4000.

Related Document Download:

2011 Big Game Draw & Spring Hunting Guide

2011 Wildlife Zone Map

This entry was posted in Latest News, News & Events and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.